Work At Home Mom and Life

Just an average mom working at home with teenage daughters, husband, and 3 dogs. I'll be writing about the past, present and future, my interests, things I love and things that make me crazy, you just never know! Every day is an interesting day, good or bad, we all learn something and I love to learn!!

Name:
Location: United States

I am a work at home mom with tons if interests, married with 2 teenage daughters, dogs (labs and a chihuahua), I live in the country and there is not enough hours in my day to do all that I want to do!!

Friday, January 06, 2006

READ ON...............

Formaldehyde is a highly toxic substance. It is a known cancer-causing agent. It damages the neurological connectors in the body. It is an irritant to the eyes, nose, throat and lungs and may cause:

skin reactions
ear infections
headaches
depression
asthma
joint pain
dizziness
mental confusion
nausea
disorientation
phlebitis
fatigue
vomiting
sleep disturbances
laryngitis

One in five people are sensitive to formaldehyde. Formaldehyde is commonly found in:
drugs
mouthwash
hairspray
cosmetics
cleaning products
perfumes
waxes
hair setting lotions
shampoo
air fresheners
fungicides
fingernail polish
floor polishes
dry cleaning solvents
toothpaste
laundry spray starch
antiperspirants
just to name a few

DO YOU STILL WANT TO USE PRODUCTS IN YOUR HOME THAT CONTAIN FORMALDEHYDE?

Due to the increase in toxic buildup in our bodies, including the toxic buildup of formaldehyde, dead bodies are not decomposing as fast as they used to.

Bodies now start to decompose within 7 to 10 days after death.
During the Vietnam War, Vietnamese bodies started to decompose within 24 to 48 hours.
However, Americans didn't start to decompose for 4 to 5 days.
Twice as much formaldehyde was needed to embalm a person 20 years ago as compared
to today.




How many of these names would you have recognized as formaldehyde?
Formalin
Methanal
Methyl Aldehyde
Methylene Oxide
Oxymethylene
Bfv*
Fannoform*
Formol*
Fyde*
Karsan*
Methaldehyde
Formalith*
Methylene Glycol
Ivalon*
Oxomethane
Formalin 40
Formalin
Formic Aldehyde
Hoch
Paraform
Lysoform*
Morbocid
Trioxane
Polyoxmethylene
* denotes trade name

The following products are just a few that are so toxic that they should be disposed of in a toxic waste dump [Source: Water Pollution Control Federation]:
floor care products
furniture polish
window cleaners
bug spray
nail polish remover

Warning labels on containers refer only to toxic hazards from ingestion. However, only 10% of health problems from chemicals are caused by ingestion; 90% are caused by the inhalation of vapors and absorption of particles.

Government regulations require that only the most EXTREMELY toxic substances must contain a warning label. Labels that say the following should be removed from your house immediately:

"Do not induce vomiting"
"Corrosive - rinse from skin immediately"
"Harmful or fatal if swallowed"
"Call physician immediately"
"Warning!" (may mean that as little as 1 teaspoon of product can harm or kill adult)
"Danger!" (means that as little as 5 drops can harm or kill an adult)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Google